"Heaven forbid people should have to change their diet to improve their health."
Beetefits (beet Benefits)
Flourless Red Velvet (Beet Infused) Cupcake Recipe
I love this one because you can throw everything into a blender. Costco currently has cooked prepackaged beets, which completely expedite the process of cleaning, cooking, and peeling your own!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place everything into the blender and mix until smooth.
3. Add chocolate chips and then pour into cupcake pans.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes until center is set.
5. Allow to cool and then top with cream cheese frosting (recipe not included)!
6. Makes 12 normal sized muffins total.
Nutrition info: Per Serving (1 muffin)
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 36 mg
Carbohydrate: 11 g
Protein: 4 g
FACLM, M. G. (n.d.). Whole Beets vs. Juice for Improving Athletic Performance. Retrieved August 22, 2017, from https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whole-beets-vs-juice-for-improving-athletic-performance/
Bailey SJ, Winyard P, Vanhatalo A, Blackwell JR, Dimenna FJ, Wilkerson DP, Tarr J, Benjamin N, Jones AM. Dietary nitrate supplementation reduces the O2 cost of low-intensity exercise and enhances tolerance to high-intensity exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol. 2009 Oct;107(4):1144-55. Epub 2009 Aug 6.